- Home Search
MASTER SITE PLAN AKOYA RENOVATOR PROGRAM BOCA WEST REALTY RENTAL LISTINGS NEIGHBORHOODS
- Country Club
- Home Search
- Master Site Plan
- Renovators Program
- Boca West Realty
- Rental Listings
- Boca West Master's Association
- Park & Trails
- Boca West Children's Foundation
- Interactive Map
- South Florida
- Shopping & Dining
- Arts & Culture
- Sports & Entertainment
- Natural Surroundings
Build a Bowl w/ Rotisserie Chicken
Farro – 2 oz
Barley – 20 oz
Quinoa – 2 oz
Zucchini – 2 oz
Red onion – 2 oz
Roasted red pepper – 2 oz
Portabello mushrooms – 2 oz
Basil pesto – see recipe
Edamame – 1 oz
Roasted red beets – 1 oz
Roasted baby tomatoes – 1 oz
Rotisserie chicken- – 4-5 oz
Garlic aoli – 1-2 oz depending on preference
For the grain base:
- Boil 1 gallon of water and season with salt and a spoonful of blended olive oil.
- Drop in faro, and cook for 10-15 minutes until you can bite a piece and it is tender. Pour through a strainer and run cold water over the farro to cool it a bit.
- Lay out on cookie sheet in refrigerator until cold.
- Repeat the same steps for the barley and quinoa……
For the roasted vegetables:
- Take the zucchini and cut it lengthwise into 4 long pieces.
- Lay each piece on its side and cut away the center with the seeds and discard.
- Cut the zucchini into ½ inch squares and toss in olive oil and salt and pepper to season.
- Roast in a 375 degree oven for about 10-12 minutes to get a roasted color on the m and until tender.
- Lay out on a cookie sheet and allow to cool.
- For the red onion and red pepper, cut around the center of the vegetable and remove the center.
- Cut each piece of the pepper and red onion into ½ inch square pieces and roast in the oven the same technique as the zucchini above.
For the Chicken:
- Buy a 3 # chicken, and lay out to air dry for 1 hr….
- Season with salt & pepper, chopped garlic.
- Roast in a 285 degree oven for 1 hour and 25 minutes, until it reaches a internal temperature of 165.
- When chicken is done let rest on counter for 20-30 minutes until you can pull it apart in nice sized chunks.
- Reserve the chunked chicken for plating.
- Mince 4 cloves fo garlic and slowly saute until tender in olive oil.
- Chop 3 sprigs of chives finely.
- Get ½ cut of mayonnaise, add the garlic and chives, ¼ oz of lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Reserve until you need to use.
- pick ½ pound of basil leaves only
- 1 tsp of ground parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground pine nuts
- ¾ of a piece of minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons of olive oi
How to Make the Pesto:
- In a blender add the basil leaves, the parmesan, the pine nuts, garlic and turn on to start to blend.
- Slowly add the olive oil to bring together and it starts to look separated.
- Reserve at room temperature until ready to use.
To Assemble Dish
- Add all ingredients for the grain base in a bowl, and toss in some pesto to coat all the ingredients, season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Sprinkle each of the toppings over the seasoned grain BASE.
- Saute the rotisserie chicken and add on top to finish the dish and dress with a garlic chive aoli dressing
Boca West Country Club is a member-owned private club. Boca West Realty, LLC is not authorized to offer memberships in the Club to potential buyers of real estate located in the Boca West community. Descriptions of the amenities enjoyed by members of the Club are only for informational purposes. Membership in the Club is governed by the By-Laws, Rules and Regulations of Boca West Country Club, Inc. To obtain information about Club Membership, Boca West Realty, LLC can assist in scheduling an appointment with the Club's Membership department. Stephann L. Cotton, Licensed Real Estate Broker. Information is deemed to be reliable, but is not guaranteed. © 2021 MLS and FBS. The information on this page has been made available by the MLS and may not be the listing of the provider.