Hothouse Cucumber and Georgia Peach Salad
from Executive Sous Chef Matthew Fasekas
- Georgia Peaches, ripe 8 wedges – 1 ea
- Hothouse English cucumber, small diced – 1 ea
- Heirloom tomato 8 wedges – 1 ea
- Baby gem lettuce, cut in 4 – 1 piece
- Pickled red onion – 2 oz
- Crumbled Feta cheese – 2 oz
- Fresh mint, finely julienne – 3 leaf
- Lemon basil vinaigrette – 1oz
Lemon Basil Vinaigrette:
- Basil – ½ oz
- Shallot – fine diced
- Parsley – 2 sprigs
- Garlic, chopped – 1 piece
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Dijon mustard – 1 teaspoon
- White vinegar – ½ teaspoon
- Lemon juice – ¼ teaspoon
- Blended oil – ½ cup
How to Make the Vinaigrette:
- Blend 1-8 in blender until frothy.
- While blender is still on, add in a slow steady stream blended oil until vinaigrette thickens.
- Serve when needed.
To Assemble Dish
- Toss in a mixing bowl baby gem lettuce, peach and cucumber in a bowl with lemon basil vinaigrette.
- Layer lettuce and peaches on plate.
- Sprinkle cucumber over salad.
- Drop crumbled feta across top of salad.
- Add some pickled red onion on top as well, and garnish with the finely julienne mint leaves.